Timothy Ruffilli, CFA
Senior Investment Counsellor & Portfolio Manager
BMO Private Wealth
255 Queens Avenue
Welcome to comprehensive, multigenerational wealth leadership
My team and I offer institutional-style, discretionary investment management, comprehensive wealth planning advice and meticulous family office services. We advise affluent and ultra-affluent clients in London, Sarnia and Southwestern Ontario. They primarily include entrepreneurs, large, wealthy families, physicians, agricultural business owners, and First Nations’ investment funds, trusts and charity foundations.
We will address your entire family’s diverse investment and wealth planning needs and simplify the complexities of your wealth while helping you to:
- Plan for Business Succession
- Plan for retirement,
- Prepare for all of life’s stages and challenges, and
- Maximize available opportunities.
Our three cornerstones
1. Integrated services from a specialized, collaborative team
Our team follows a structured process to provide complete wealth advice and solutions from a specialized team of BMO partners
. We combine our advice with recommendations from our BMO partners and your own lawyer and accountant to create your integrated, customized Wealth Plan.
Disciplined, conservative discretionary portfolio management is our team’s focus, while other professionals deliver specialized expertise in several other key areas.
Your Wealth Plan will address all of your goals both financial and non-financial and it will also include our strategic plan to keep you on track to achieve them. We will liaise with all your wealth specialists and Private Banker to keep the process as streamlined as possible for you.
We will review and update the plan at transitional points in your life.
Your progress towards achieving your goals is the only meaningful bellwether for your success.
2. Strong, long-term relationships based on trust
My father, one of Sarnia’s top commercial lawyers, taught me that a solid reputation and trust are earned through sound business practices, a strong ethical compass and good values. We work objectively without bias to pursue my clients’ success and best interests, practice open and effective communication, and honour every client’s unique story.
3. Multigenerational wealth care
We will ensure that your Wealth Plan addresses many complexities and multiple generations.
After all, family is everyone’s most important priority. You want your parents, children and grandchildren to have the best advice – and we aim to be the trusted source for wealth information, advice, strategies and services for all family members. And wealth is best managed when the needs of young and old are considered and everyone communicates effectively.
- For example, we can assist your sons and daughters to:
- Open a Tax-Free Savings Account
- Work with a dedicated BMO mortgage specialist to buy their first home – a professional with decades of experience who knows credit planning inside and out
- We can assist in business succession, whether succeeding to the next generation, management or a third party
- We can help your parents to plan a tax-effective estate. Seniors love our patient approach and white-glove service.
- We can include sophisticated strategies such as an estate freeze to transfer your wealth to your heirs very tax-effectively.
- We will ensure your wills are updated and that trusts are in place to secure the course of your wealth in complex family situations.
- To minimize taxes, we will work with your accountant to structure your holdings tax-efficiency.
Although I am highly experienced, I am still young and can offer long-term consistency of service for you and your next generation.
Click here to schedule a private consultation.