Robert Hunter, CFA, CFP
Director & Senior Investment Counsellor
BMO Private Wealth
100 New Park Place
How I work with you
Proactive wealth planning
After gaining a deep understanding of your goals and priorities for your family, work, lifestyle and money, I will anticipate your needs and present relevant and tailored solutions. The benefits of wealth rarely come without complications, and affluent families often underestimate the emotional complexity of their wealth issues. My role is to challenge you to prepare in advance for difficult considerations and times of transition.
Some examples of proactive planning for life events/stages include:
- Retirement & cash flow planning – you have worked hard to grow your wealth. Our comprehensive wealth planning expertise will help you understand how to draw income in retirement in a tax efficient manner.
- Business advisory and succession planning – if you’re a business owner our team is happy to help you adequately plan the future sale and transition of your business.
- Simplifying your assets – consolidating your accounts to BMO Private Wealth often reduces your stress as you will have cohesive investment and retirement plan.
- Estate planning – discussing your intentions for how your assets should be distributed and managed upon your passing.We provide complimentary consultations with our estate planner.
I work with a team of BMO professionals to identify issues that may arise given your current circumstances, create a list of recommended strategies to enhance your overall situation, and introduce you to the right advisors and integrate their advice into your cohesive long-term plan.
Working with wealth planners, tax planners, Will and estate planners, business succession experts, and estate and insurance advisors, I can provide:
My wealth planning process
- Portfolio management
- Tax planning
- Estate planning
- Retirement planning
- Banking and borrowing services
- Financial care and management
- Trust services
- Philanthropic services
- Business succession planning
- Spend time getting an in-depth understanding of what a wealthy life means to you – your priorities on family, work, lifestyle and money – and address your immediate needs.
- Understand your broader goals.
- Identify and prioritize your goals.
- Collect and update your financial information.
Challenge and take action:
- Bring a passionate, diverse team of wealth management professionals to the table to discuss and analyze your situation.
- Create a customized, flexible investment plan that I will adjust regularly to external conditions and personal transitions.
- Build your Wealth Plan based on your goals and priorities that reflects your ongoing needs and objectives and set expectations about the level of risk that is acceptable to you.
- Present your Wealth Plan with recommendations.
- Take action with precision and accuracy.
- Repeat, update and refresh your plan regularly so that you know your financial affairs are in order and remain on track to reach your goals– the ultimate benchmark of success.